Sunday, December 7, 2014

Paris in Winter...


George Washington storming Paris.

I am fairly cold, but not the only one slogging her way through town, gloves and scarf firmly on hands and head.  The bonus of visiting Paris in Winter is that I don't have to share my favorite places with the world.  It would seem that the smarter folk have stayed home.  Either that or they are visiting other sites.  

Front

Back

Scratch what I said, I was just walking past the Picasso Museum at ten am this morning and saw a line down the block of coat-wearing art fans waiting patiently to be let in.  I think I'll skip it this time.

There were a few toughies trouping through Pere Lachais when I was there.  God bless 'em as it was freezing.  Finding the grave of 'Gyyym Morrrisson' was on the minds of some.   I did not have the heart to tell them that ole Jim had his head stone moved to keep over-zealous fans from burning weed in his honor and dumping roaches and empty booze bottles around his final resting place.

If only it gave off heat.

The Musée d'Orsay, always a must-see, did not have throngs in front of it when I arrived around 4.30 in the afternoon.  Getting past security, like at an airport, was something that I had not expected.  Things had changed since I last visited in 2005.  At least the man looking through my hand bag was pleasant.  Smiling, he offered me a tray on which I was to put my keys and loose pocket change.  All this just to see some post-Impressionists.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of your mind here:

Wood/Driftwood

Bartie in the yard. Backyard horse, Palo Alto Ocean Beach filled with art materials. Wild wood in Golden Gate Park The most I've 'ma...